1. Beauty. Copper has a wide variety of coloration that can be naturally achieved - everything from a shiny orange/red to a blue green. Copper can be oxidized with the help of a torch to make rainbow coloring.
2. Antimicrobial. Anything made from copper or a copper alloy has antimicrobial properties. That means that 99.9% of disease causing bacterial will be killed within two hours of contact with copper. So handrails, fixtures, counter tops, sinks, faucets, door knobs, hardware, and kitchenware made from copper are naturally killing germs.
3. Health. All living things need copper as a trace dietary mineral. Humans have trace amounts of copper in their liver, muscles, and bones. Many people prefer to eat with cups or bowls with raw copper surfaces that supplement their copper intake. However, in some cases, you can acquire copper toxicity if you have a very high intake of copper.
4. Gift. The traditional 7 year anniversary gift is copper.
5. Cooking. Copper is a very good conductor of heat. You don't get hot spots, as with some other cookware. You can also achieve a precise heat.
If you are looking for a handmade copper item, please take a look through our store and our portfolio to see what type of hand forged artwork we offer.